Dear friends and Partners in Christ Jesus,
Greetings to you all in the most powerful name of the Lord Jesus Christ!
Let me tell you the story of Samuel, a young boy, and Sabina, a beautiful girl from tanahun, Nepal. But first, I’d like to tell you about the place where they grew up. Nepal is a small landlocked country between china and India with a population of 30 million people. It is known for the majestic beauty of Mt. Everest, the Himalaya Mountains and happy, radiant smiling people. Despite all this natural beauty, children of Nepal live in the midst of a harsh reality.
- Almost half of the population is below the poverty level.
- 89% of the population draws drinking water from wells, springs, and streams with no sanitary safeguards.
- The national literacy rate is only 57% only
- Subsistence farming is the only source of food and shelter for 90% of the people
- Child mortality is among the highest in the world at 143 deaths per 1,000 births
- Christians, half of one percent of the population, are continually discriminated against in jobs and education
- Average life expectancy is just 53 years