STATEMENT OF FAITH
Christian Witness for Nepal ministries affirms and proclaims the foundational truths of the historic, orthodox faith as revealed in Holy Scripture.
WE BELIEVE IN
- The One true God who lives eternally in three persons - the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God-fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
- The dignity of all people, made male and female in God's image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
- The incarnation of God's eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ - born of the Virgin Mary; truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
- The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Savior of the world.
- The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
- The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
- The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers - given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit's gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
- The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.
As adopted by national association of evangelicals statement of faith
THE APOSTLES’ CREED
I believe in God the father almighty
Maker of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ,
His only son, our Lord;
Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit
Born of the Virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius Pilate,
Was crucified, dead and buried; he descended into hell;
The third day he rose again from the dead;
He ascended into heaven, and is seated on
The right hand of God the father almighty;
From there he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit; the holy Christian church,
The communion of saints; the forgiveness of sins;
The resurrection of the body; and the life everlasting. Amen.
THAT IS, THE TRUE CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF ALL TIMES AND ALL PLACES
CONTACT ADDRESS IN USA
CHRISTIAN WITNESS FOR NEPAL
DALLAS TEXAS 75381-6424