Christian witness for Nepal is a gospel evangelistic mission and charitable organization incorporated in the United States of America as a 501 © 3 non-profit charity. This organization has been involved in compassionate, dedicated service to the children and people of Nepal. The organization is serious about the present miserable socio-economic condition of a large number of those, especially downtrodden community. Therefore, the organization has planned different schemes for the uplift of this segment of people in this country. And at present it has developed four different projects proposals attached with this. However, this is just a beginning, but it is believed that it will play a vital role toward bringing about the certain positive socio – economic change in future if it could be properly implemented.
We are working for new churches each year in different parts of Nepal and many churches are in process. Those twenty-four churches are taken as members of the network of churches of Nepal. At least 30 people participate in networking for church planters. Those twelve local community church planting teams get supervision and equipment.
- Skill development within 3 years
- Local income generation 3 years
- Start of self – employment through economic activities with 3 years
- Migration workers reduction in long – run
- Providing health care services and awareness
- Production and supply of proteins food for the country
- Different level of skill manpower development required for the country through training
- To promote life formation education based on good principles and ethics for people of Nepal
- To promote the sustainable economy and to make downtrodden people of Nepal to be self-supported in long – run
- To generate income to support orphans and a destitute child’s and educates underprivileged children and raised them up to be productive Nepal citizens.
- The capable men and women will be recruited by Christian witness for Nepal.
- The executive body appointed by the agency will look after, implement the project
- Start of self – employment through economic activities with 3 years
- The executive body will run the project till it is self-supporting and sustainable
- Soon after the fund channelized for the project from individuals donor agencies. Donors’ individuals, churches and agencies
- Training for the executive body for 1 year in overseas if possible, especially having administration, project management background from the down trodden community in the long run.
The overall projects will be phased on yearly basis and annual programs plan will be formulated which will be further split on different activities. Each activity will be made. Different evaluation statistical tools, such as program evaluation review techniques, critical path method, standard deviation, t-test, z- test, etc. will be utilized. A system approach for monitoring and feedback will be applied and application of computer for a sound management information system will be in use.
RISK AND IMPORTANT ASSUMPTIONS
Politically no risk is for the projects. Rather, if there is no this type of projects which strengthen socio-economic disorder of the down trodden people, the political stability will be at stake. Because no party can win confidence of the people unless they are emancipated from poverty ridden condition. Economic risk of the project are divided in two aspects
- Capital costs risk will be secured by provision of insurance and local peoples participation, and
- Current costs will be largely covered by pricing goods and services generated from the projects.
LOCAL CHURCH AND COMMUNITIES INVOLVEMENT
These projects are basically meant for local people and have been formulated with their need identification expressed by the grass-root level people and articulated by the educated circle of the result of consensus.
IMPACT ON THE CHURCHES AND COMMUNITY
Since these are the projects initiated by national and local Christian evangelistic mission and charitable worker community will have direct or indirect overall guidance and supervision over the projects. Hence the local people involvement will explicit in the project. With the implementation of these projects it is largely expected that local as well as national champions of Christian evangelistic mission and charitable increases. Therefore, it is likely that local projects be affected.
IMPACT ON THE SPIRITUAL ENVIRONMENT
Since the projects are related to the socio-economic uplift of the poorest of the poor, it will have positive impact upon the life-style of the local people. However, human psychology of a least development country where a handful of feudal group dominates a large number of people, certainly a kind of jealousy in them may develop. As the latter group economically prospers, the former will get less opportunity to exploit them economically proper the former will get less opportunity to exploit them economically. we organization is going to ring about some positive change in the existing situation, therefore, we believe that with the help of our good friend who will support us with finance and moral encouragement will help us to solve this type of psychological resistance.
THE ROLE OF CHRISTIAN WOMEN IN THE PROJECT
In the Nepalese society, especially in the down trodden community, the socio-economic problem of women is much grave than men. So our focus is more towards the women to uplift socially and economically by empowering them. Women are very much back warded from all aspects; therefore, the need for manpower development, particularly from women segment, is felt. For the project implementation, as far as possible to a large extent, educated women are invited to join in training program, as well as execution of the projects.
From the study and observation much of the women time is spent in household work which cannot be converted into monetary terms. These projects meant for income generation and skill and manpower development in order to strengthen women personal economic as well. Therefore, women will be advised and educated to involve in these project work for their family women by sharing household works. By sharing and participating in household works in the spouse, ultimately the family economic condition will be developed.
After involvement in these projects women will have a variety of knowledge, such as health related and income generation which will be very beneficial for herself and for her family as a whole practically. As, a result, she will have more respect at a house as well in the society than men.
CHURCH PARTNERSHIP IMPACT
In fact, with the implementation of these projects, the relationship between individuals, donor agencies and Christian witness for Nepal .which will start; will convert into a stronger relationship. When a relation becomes strong, it will open up a variety of avenues for both agencies in future to move ahead together.
The beneficiaries of the project will be receive a practical skill, training and also seed money in the form of loan redeemable in a piecemeal basis, which they will be able to payback out of their selling of goods and services .
The capital assets of the projects will be intact and current expenses of the project will not liquidate entirely, and /or fetch some portion, the projects will be able to maintain its continuity, thereby it will be able to provide its goods and services continuously.
The monitoring of the projects will be an ongoing process during the implementation of the projects in order to attain the set objectives of the projects. An effective management information system will be introduced and professional people will be involved to monitoring the activities. A quarterly progress reports will be prepared, and an annual program performance reporting will also be prepared.
Mid – Term final evaluation will be done by the professional’s team in order to assess the real impact or positive change brought about by the projects on the following indicators:
- Knowledge increased in solving different minor health problems;
- Positive change in understanding of spouse;
- Cooperation increased between spouses in the household works
- Level of sustainability by self – employed income generating works;
- Level of economic hardships decreased after skill learning;
- Number of trainees engaged in employment of other agencies
- Outlook of other family members to the trainee.
- Continuation of training by the trainees.
- Support by other family members to the trainee.
- Job opportunities opened in different markets of the country by the trainings and skill provided by the projects.
CONTACT ADDRESS IN USA
CHRISTIAN WITNESS FOR NEPAL
DALLAS TEXAS 75381-6424
Note 1 – Christian witness for Nepal is accountable to give annually audit report of income and expenditure to the IRS, department of treasury of United States government as well as to the individual, donor agencies. So we will send an acknowledgement receipt and annual audit report individuals, donor agencies who contribute after receiving contribution.
Note 2 – no part of this allowed copying or duplicating either in partial or whole without the permission of the permission of the Christian witness for Nepal. Duplication or copying this article is strictly prohibited. Grs reserves the “copyright2017”.